Economic and Organised Crime Office
The Economic and Organised Crime Office was established by the Economic and Organised Crime Office Act , 2010 (Act 804) as a specialised agency to monitor and investigate economic and organised crime and on the authority of the Attorney-General prosecute these offences to recover the proceeds of crime and provide for related matters.
To be an efficient and effective, economic and organised crime agency of International repute.
To lead a unified national effort in the fight against economic and organised crime by:
- Detecting, investigating, preventing and prosecuting all serious economic and organised crimes in Ghana.
- Developing and sustaining an effective approach to combating economic and organised crime in Ghana.
- Developing partnerships with domestic and international agencies to combat economic and organised crime.
- Providing safety and security for our community and financial markets in order to ensure an investor friendly atmosphere.
- Rendering organised crime unattractive by taking away the proceeds of crime from organised criminals.
The EOCO in the pursuit of its mission will together with its staff endeavour to excel and give true meaning to the following core values:
- Dedication: Commitment to duty and country.
- Professionalism: Performing duty without any bias.
- Justice: Respect for rule of law.
- Integrity: Deliver service based on our honour.
- Vigilance: Ready at all times.
Objects of the office
The Objects of the Office are to:
- Prevent and detect organised crime and
- Generally to facilitate the confiscation of the proceeds of crime.